IPAA Queensland’s annual and hugely popular signature event, the Chief Executives and Young Professionals Breakfast, is hosted annually at Brisbane’s iconic City Hall.
This renowned event provides a perfect opportunity for chief and senior executives from across the QLD public purpose sector to invest in the talent of the future and recognise young professionals in their organisation.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Chief Executives are invited to host a table (10 places) of young professionals from their organisation.
We think of young professionals as emerging or future leaders, those new to public service, or in the early stages of their public purpose career. The event is a fantastic opportunity for young professionals to engage with senior leaders, share ideas and build their professional networks.
The breakfast has taken place annually since 2018 and featured an outstanding range of presenters:
- In 2022 Dr David Rock of the Neuroleadership Institute delivered the keynote address on The neuroscience of leading through turbulent times. He later joined a panel discussion with Stephen Beckett, Rona McLean-Carmody and Naomi Bruton.
- The 2021 breakfast featured four young entrepreneurs speaking to the theme Creating change: purpose, ethics, impact. Camille Socquet-Clerc, Will Smith-Stubbs, Sabrina Chakori and Taj Pabari, inspired the audience with personal stories of finding their purpose and passion to make the world a better place.
- At the 2020 breakfast Professor Megan Davis delivered a powerful keynote It’s time. Keeping focused on reconciliation. This was followed by a panel discussion with Kerry O’Brien, Dr Chris Sarra and Lizzie Orley.
- In 2019, Dr Angus Hervey of Future Crunch addressed the theme Reimagining the future of public purpose work in the next economy.
- The inaugural breakfast in 2018 featured a panel of talented, up and coming Queensland Government professionals who discussed ways to build a diverse and inclusive sector that fosters young talent.
To stay informed about upcoming events, subscribe to our newsletter below or go back to the What’s On page.