Calling Emerging Leaders
Join our Working Group and be part of IPAA Queensland’s thought leadership agenda!
IPAA Queensland is on the look out for exceptional emerging and young leaders to join our Emerging Leaders Working Group to play a key part in shaping our program of thought-leadership. Joining the group also gives members an opportunity to network with peers and senior leaders from across the sector.
But don’t just take our word for it!
“The Emerging Leaders Working Group has provided fantastic opportunities to meet with other emerging leaders, as well as exposure to well-developed leaders throughout the public sector, while contributing to IPAA’s vision, direction and activities. My experience in the group has helped mold my own leadership style as I encountered a wide variety of leadership role models, a diverse arrange of experience, and valuable mentorship from IPAA stewards” Jeff Ikin, Emerging Leaders Working Group member.
ABOUT OUR EMERGING LEADER’S WORKING GROUP
The IPAA Queensland Emerging Leaders Working Group has been established to develop and implement strategies to foster engagement with emerging leaders across the public purpose work landscape and to enhance our thought leadership program.
The role of working group members is to:
- Provide ideas, advice and recommendations to IPAA Queensland Council (in line with IPAA Queensland’s mission and values) on how best to engage with emerging professionals, develop events and activities that attract young professionals and emerging leaders and ultimately, grow membership among this cohort.
- Actively champion, promote and support IPAA Queensland activities and events within their organisations and networks and assist with developing innovative content, products and events that appeal to their peers.
- Develop their networks, capability and build collaboration and influencing skills, whilst contributing to the success of IPAA Queensland and its direction.
- Receive coaching and mentoring from IPAA Queensland Councilors and be exposed to broader public service and public administration directions and thinking .
- Provide thought leadership on building Emerging Leaders Network, debate ideas and exchange information to enhance the capability of their fellow young professionals, emerging leaders and IPAA Queensland.
HOW TO APPLY
Before applying through the link below, please:
- Read our IPAA Qld Emerging Leaders Working Group Terms of Reference and
- Support from you line-manager to apply, and if successful, to participate in Working Group activities. At a minimum this will involve participating in a one-hour meeting every 4-6 weeks. Outside of meetings, working group members are also expected to undertake research towards projects/initiatives and to attend IPAA Queensland events and networking opportunities.
Who are we seeking to apply as an emerging leader?
Emerging leaders embody the conviction that leadership is not confined to hierarchical positions or age, but extends across all levels of an organisation and all ages. Their mindset revolves around fostering inclusivity and diverse contributions, crucial in the pursuit of broad representation. We are seeking expressions of interest from those new to leadership roles, leaders who may have changed careers, those new to public purpose work, early career public purpose workers, graduates and cadets.
Applications will close by COB Wednesday 31st of January 2024.